Monday, August 11, 2008

Red-Neck Swimming Pool

It has been really hot in our house for most of last week. On Thursday our digital thermostat inside said that it was 89 degrees F in our house!! I think it was only a few degrees cooler than it was outside. And that was even with our little one room air conditioner running all day! So like I said, it's been really hot in our house. After being so incredibly hot on Thursday, I told the kids on Friday that we could get out our kiddie swimming pool to cool off in. Now this goes to show how hot we were - we have no grass to play with it on, just dirt, which would turn into mud, and make a big mess in our house and in our bathtub. But I was willing to go through all of that, just to get some cooling relief.

So I went outside to go find it and couldn't. I remembered that it was up at my in-law's shop (where we have most of our stuff stored since we have no place to store it here). I came back inside with the bad news for my kids. Still desperate for relief, we came up with a different option...




This is what I call our red-neck swimming pool! I put my feet in and dangled Brynnlee's in too. Everybody LOVED it!! Though I am happy to report that we brought our kiddie pool home last night. So we are all looking forward to playing in the water in a normal fashion!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I forget that no one has air out there. A serious option in your new home no doubt! Way to be creative!!

Kasi said...

Good thinkin'!

Nicole J. said...

I love their cheesy smiles and the fact that they are happy no matter what! Too cute!