Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lots Going On

I've got some serious backtracking to do! But first of all, I have to say that I let Austin go to school for the full 4 hours all by himself and I missed him so stinkin' much! I made it about half way down the driveway after he got on the bus before I broke down in tears. Brett tried to comfort me with a hug when I got in, but was laughing the whole time. He so doesn't understand how hard it is on a mom who is with a child ALL OF THE TIME to just let them go and see them grow up and there is nothing that I can do about it.

So to make the time pass quickly, Aubree and I kept busy painting toenails and making special treats for when Austin got home. That is one of my most fond memories of when I was younger - coming home from school to my mom baking. I hope I can make those same memories with Austin.

And now a flashback to last weekend. My brother, Andrew, came up from Utah to visit me and Nathan. He and Nath came over Saturday morning for breakfast and then to help Brett work on the house. I don't think they really knew what they were in for. Brett kept them very busy and they were able to get almost the whole floor laid and the floor trusses up in our bedroom. Without their help, it would have taken Brett a couple of days to get done what they were all able to accomplish on Saturday.



Last week, my sister-in-law, Kasi, inspired me to get out and have some fun with my kids before school started. So I decided to get together with some friends and their kids for a picnic and an afternoon at the splash park. It was so much fun!!! The day we went happened to be the day several area school districts put on a youth celebration for the kids in the area. Though we didn't stay for all of those festivities, it was fun to see a few extra things. Then later that night Brett took the evening off from building to celebrate my birthday. He planned to have his mom watch the kids and take me out. But since we don't get alot of family time anymore and also since Austin would be starting school the next day, I decided instead to roast hotdogs and marshmallows outside as a family. It was SOOOOOO nice!!!! Spending a fun evening together as a family was the best birthday gift ever!

4 comments:

JC Photography said...

OH!!! It looks like so much fun. I LOVE cooking over a fire. You house is looking awesome. It's so fun to watch your progress - keep the pictures coming!

Kasi said...

Hannah, Austin looks so cute on his first day of school! That is so cool that you got to go with him!
and...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love your fire pit, that would be so fun to have in the back yard.
Your house is looking awesome!

Shannon said...

You're house is looking great Hannah!! You guys look like you're having so much fun - we miss you guys!

Candice said...

Hey it has been a long time!! Sorry I missed your birthday...so HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! And your house is coming along nicely and very fast! I am so excited for you and hope that all is well!