Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I was outside for about an hour before I finally caught her and was so happy to get back inside the house and warm up. Later yesterday I happened to look in the mirror and noticed that my cheeks were super red and had all these white bumps all over. I later found out, when Brett came home and was so suprised to see the condition of my skin, that I had gotten frost bite on my face!
It's looking much better today, but I've learned my lesson. If Angel gets out again, I'm leaving her out until she decides to come back home! We absolutely love her, but I do have to say, "DARN DOG!!!"
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Shelving in the kids' closets
Master bedroom trim done!
The little sitting room in the Master
Brett is working on the dresser and shelving in the Master closet. I am so excited to not have dressers in any of the bedrooms!!
Siding is almost done!
Just a little more to do!
The garage doors are up and we even parked the pickup in there last night. It was so great to be able to go out this morning and not have to scrape windows and the windshield! We just need to get garage door openers now.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
I packed up Aubree and Brynn and took them to the church where I knew I could find warm water and a warm place to hang out. We stayed there until Brett called to tell us that the power was back on and we could go home. (By the way, thank you, Mom, for the cell phone! That was the only way I could call for help.)
Later last night, I was cooking dinner when, all of a sudden, it happens again! Dinner was ruined so we resorted to PB&J sandwiches and we even tried cooking hotdogs over our candle flames. Fun, but it didn't work. Bedtime rolled around and still, there was no power. So I bundled up the kids and put them to bed with 3 or 4 blankets on top of them. Finally, at nine o'clock the lights came back on and the heater went to work.
After about an hour, I noticed that the heater hadn't shut off. It was still blowing air, but it wasn't getting any warmer. By that time I was freezing! So I called Brett, who was outside working on the house, to have him fix the problem. He couldn't. Instead we rounded up as many space heaters as we could get a hold of and spread them throughout the house. Since space heaters are the number one cause of fires in mobile homes, I decided to sleep out on the couch to make sure everything would be alright.
Hours later, as I lay on the couch thinking every noise I heard was a spark or a crackle and not getting an ounce of sleep, I suddenly heard all of the heaters turn off. Once again, we were without power! So at two o'clock in the morning, I call the power company to tell them that we had no power again and that it was quickly getting cold. About thirty minutes later, some poor guy, who was woken up at 2 AM, came to fix the problem. And finally we had some heat.
This morning, we had four utility trucks and eight guys in front of our house to fix the problem. Apparently, the transformer box (I think that's what it's called) was too small to run power to our new house (which we have to constantly keep warm now) and our trailer where we're living. So they put in a new, bigger one. We also had someone come to fix our heater and found out that due to the power being turned off and back on, there was a power surge that blew the heating switch. But that was a much easier fix than a whole new transformer.
I'm sure glad to have things back to normal again. After an experience like this, it makes you wonder what each new day will bring.