Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

Our fourth of July was a pretty low-key day. We started out at the Salem breakfast (which is one of my favorite parts of this holiday - I don't have to cook or clean and I get really yummy food!). We got to eat and hang out with friends and neighbors for a while. Then everyone took off to the parade. We, however, opted not to go watch for several hours, in the heat, with a four month old baby (yes, Brynn's four months old; can you believe it?!). So instead, we headed home, got a few things situated, and went to Idaho Falls to get some things for building our house. By the time we got home and ate supper, I was ready for a late nap. So I took one with Brynnlee. We had been planning on going to the rodeo that evening then staying to watch the firework show. But we had slept too long and decided to just go to see the fireworks later. Well, by the time it was time to go, Aubree had fallen asleep. So instead, Austin and I watched the fireworks from our living room window. Not too bad of a day; very relaxed and easy. Maybe next year we'll be a little more adventurous when Brynnlee is a little bit older.

No comments: