Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Aubree's Accident

Last Sunday evening was a gorgeous evening! We decided we would go on a family bike ride. The kids really wanted to go down the big hill by our house. I was refusing since I had the bike trailer with the two little ones on the back of my bike and didn't want to haul them back up the hill. But I eventually gave in and we went down the hill.

As Aubree was flying down (Brett's guessing we were going close to 30 mph), she lost control of her bike and crashed. She scraped up her arms, her chest, and her whole face. But to look at her and then at her bike, you would be amazed that she wasn't hurt worse than she was. Her bike was mangled! The handles were bent, her seat was twisted with huge chunks taken out of it. She obviously had angels watching over her. No bones were broken, no teeth went missing, no stitches needed - an absolute miracle.

She is such a tough little girl. Brett convinced her to jump back on her bike and ride it back home. She's so amazing.

It's so sad to see all of her scrapes, but I'm so thankful that it wasn't anything more than just scrapes.


I love my tough little cookie!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Poor Aubs! And look, she still looks so beautiful, even with all those scrapes.

Robinson Roost said...

Oh, Aubs, I am so sorry that you crashed but I am glad that you are okay. The scrapes look like they will heal up soon.

Robinson Roost said...

Oh, Aubs, I am so sorry that you crashed but I am glad that you are okay. The scrapes look like they will heal up soon.