Tuesday, July 27, 2010

4th of July

I have some SERIOUS catching up to do on here. So, I'll start, way back at the 4th of July. I had bought Brett tickets to the Stadium of Fire for his birthday. Carrie Underwood was the main performer and I thought that'd be something he'd really enjoy going to, since going to rodeos and concerts are kind of our thing we like doing together.

So, Brett's mom took the kids while we headed down to meet up with my family in Utah. We had a wonderful barbecue at my aunt Janell's house with everyone, then we went to see my brother and sister-in-law, Andrew and Tat's apartment and their new pets - sugar gliders. I should have taken pictures, but they are SOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!!!! The way Andrew described them to me once, was that they were kind of like flying squirrels. Kind of.

Anyway, after that, we went to BYU for the Stadium of Fire and waited for it to start. Tat got us all the tickets and they were AWESOME seats!!! We were so excited to be there!!


We went with Andrew, Tat, Janell, my mom, and Nicole. My sister, Lynae, was there too, but in different seats.

After a SPECTACULAR concert and fireworks show, we made it home, late that night. The next morning, we got up early to make it to the Music & The Spoken Word in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. They were performing their 4th of July show and had the orchestra playing as well. It was so amazing!!

And since that was our first time being in the Conference Center, afterward, we took ourselves on a little tour of the building. It's an incredible place!

We had such a fun time, even if it was only for one night. The chance for us to slip away without the kids was such a fun treat for the both of us. So, a BIG thanks to Kathy for watching them!!!

1 comment:

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

You're so beautiful Hannah! The conference center is soooo amazing. What a fun trip for you and hubby. :)