Friday, July 24, 2009

Cookbook

At the beginning of the year, I was asked by the Relief Society president if I would be in charge of making a community cookbook. Since I LOVE to cook, I thought this project sounded like so much fun! So I said, "Yes!"

After months of hard work and the help of a committee of 20, they are done and they are AMAZING!!!! This bad boy has 596 pages with 1300 recipes submitted by those that live within our ward boundries. It even includes cleaning recipes and homemade remedies - very helpful!

Cute, huh?
I wanted something to compare this cookbook to so you can actually understand the size of this beast. I figured most people would know how big a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook is, so here you go...


Not too bad, huh?! I'm pretty proud of this cookbook and can't wait to start cooking from it!!

6 comments:

Courtney and Andrew said...

I can't wait to get mine!! I love those cook books!

Lisah said...

I want one!!!

Wendy Babcock said...

So what do you have to do to get one if you are not in the ward boundaries? My last ward did one and it is like gold to me. Practical recipes that families can do. Let me know if it is possible to get one sent out.

Hannah said...

If there are any extras, I'll post it on here and intructions on how to get them. I should know in about two or three weeks.

The Fuller Family said...

Hi Hannah,

I stumbled upon your blog (looking for swimming pool ideas and clicked on your "redneck swimming pool" picture) and wanted you to know how much I enjoyed it! Just sending you a shout from Michigan.
CJ

JC Photography said...

Sign me up for one if you have extra's!!!!