I was so lucky that Brett had the day off and he didn't have any sandblasting to do, making it super easy for me to go. It was a bonus that I was able to go with some of my good friends!
So, this post is basically for me. I want to put my notes somewhere I won't lose them so that I can come back and review them when I need to. Chances are, I'm the only one who will understand my discombobulated thoughts. So, here goes...
- We should not have any other goal in life but to help our Heavenly Father in His work.
- The Lord expects us to declare His word with love and tenderness.
- If we have the spirit, we're okay. If not, we can't get the guidance we need. D&C 11:12-14
- How do we find balance? We need to set boundaries and prioritize correctly:
- Essential things - scripture reading, prayers, temple
- Necessary things - work, take care of house, take care of kids, cook
- Nice to do things - hobbies, reading, movies, friends
- Your best effort, the Lord accepts.
- Anytime we can go to the temple, we take the spirit back into our homes.
- If you want to have a friend, begin by being a friend.
- The most important thing we can do to prepare for the Lord's coming is to prepare our homes. We need to have a climate that nurtures the Spirit.
- We have the ability to control the climate in our home. The Spirit needs to be in our homes.
- We need to have the words of the scriptures in us to have them come out of us for missionary work.
- The Lord wants us to be a mother first.
- He sends us his toughest spirits and they need leadership.
- The greatest trial is to have a gift, but to not follow our dreams and raise a family instead.
- Get over our issues (about visiting teaching and everything else).
- Visiting Teaching is a sacred opportunity. It's about our hearts and our hands.
- We need to live for the gospel and not for ourselves.
- We don't have to worry; we just need to be faithful.
I was discussing the meeting with some other women from my ward and they were talking about some things leaving me to wonder what meeting they went to. Then I realized that the Spirit was teaching me the things that I needed to know to help me in my own life. I'm so thankful for the teachings that Heavenly Father gives me. I only hope that I can make the changes that I know I need to and become more of a servant for Him.