Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Great Weekend

We had a very busy and eventful couple of days last weekend. My brother, Andrew, went through the temple for the first time Saturday morning and had my mom, aunt, and grandma go with him. Then they all drove up here to go through the temple with Nathan for the first time Saturday evening. Brett and I were so excited to be in the temple all of them and share in that wonderful, special experience. Andrew is preparing to get married on Friday and Nathan is preparing for his mission. I'm so proud of them both!


On Sunday, we blessed Brooks in church. It was such a treat to have so much family be able to make it for his big day. My mom, aunt, grandma, and two younger brothers where able to be there from my side of the family. And Brett's brother, Marc, and his little family from St. Louis, were here along with his little sister, Chelsea and her hubby and new baby.


Brooks in his blessing tuxedo (the same one Austin wore)

As Brett has blessed all of our kids, they have each been blessed with very specific characteristics. Austin was blessed to be a good leader. Aubree was blessed to be a good example. Brynnlee was blessed to be uplifting. And Brooks was blessed to be successful in doing the Lord's work.

I'm so lucky to have been blessed with such amazing spirits. They have a lot of work ahead of them. I hope that I can teach them the gospel well enough for them to be able to fulfill their duties that they have been blessed with.

6 comments:

Kasi said...

I love the pictures...Brooks looks so cute! I would say that was a great weekend!

I'll miss you guys this week, but I am sure it will be wonderful!

Robyn said...

Its always a good time when family is around! Im glad you guys had such a special time!

Rachelle said...

It was a nice blessing, I'm glad you could have so much family here and have those temple experiences. And you look so good! Congrats

Jenny Good Bennett said...

Wow. Thank you for the pictures. I wish I could have been there. Can't wait to see you!

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

His blessing tuxedo is ADORABLE! I love the family picture with all of you.

Lisa said...

You have such a beautiful little family! They are so lucky to have you as their mother--you are an amazing person! Sounds like a lot of great things are happening in your family! What a fun time to be together!